Ok so, guess what! I have been nominated to the Liebster Award by the lovely Eva from Travel the Whole Wide World, a girl from Germany pursuing her dream of traveling and making a hobby out of planning trips. Eva, thank you very much for the nomination!
The Liebster Award
In case my autocorrector gets the best of me at some point, let me first clarify that the Liebster award ain’t no “lobster” award. It is a way of recognizing fellow bloggers for their efforts and accomplishments in becoming a blogger. I am all for bloggers supporting other bloggers. This way, we get to connect with each other and create a welcoming and supportive network.
Eva has posted some questions for her nominees to answer:
1. What is your favorite place in your hometown or home country? Well, don’t want to spoil it for you because I will post about this place in a few days but my fav place in Spain is without doubt the Royal Palace of San Ildefonso in Segovia.
2. How do you finance your travels? To be honest, many of my trips have been together with my family, so that’s been a pretty sweet deal. Otherwise, I have traveled a lot with a student organization which has allowed me to have to pay very low fees to visit quite a few cities in Europe. I’ve only started to work not so long ago, so I haven’t really had to finance my travels until now.
3. Which places are on your bucket list? Guys, the world is my bucket list. But on the short term, Iceland, the Great Canyon and somewhere fancy like Bali or the Maldives.
4. What was the best experience that you had while traveling? One of the best experiences I remember was a while ago, and it was when my family and I rented a car to drive along the East coast in the US. Loved every bit of it!
5. Which travel tip would you share with a new traveler? As I always say, the beauty of life is to live it. Same with travels, the beauty of travels resides in actually traveling. Don’t only love the destination, but enjoy every bit of it, from the packing to the unpacking including all things that could go wrong -and will go wrong many times-. You will never regret having experience.
6. What inspires you to travel and blog? How beautiful our planet is and the fact that I think we won’t be able to enjoy it much longer.
7. How did you come up with your blog name? I wanted something that had to do with “wandering”, not only because of the traveling but because I am a bit of a wanderer in every way. So I just brainstormed and searched on the net a lot of wandering-related names. I came up with the wander (English) – euse (French), which is basically the girl who wanders.
8. How has your travel style changed as compared to when you just started traveling? As I used to travel with my family, I didn’t have to take care of anything. Now I have become very responsible and organized when it comes to traveling, plus now I never go out without my camera.
9. What is the one thing that always makes you cringe when you are traveling abroad? T-o-u-r-i-s-t-s. I swear tourists annoy me so much. Quite ironically given that I am myself a tourist.
10. What do you struggle with as a travel blogger? I am not per se a travel blogger. As a blogger, I struggle the most with getting blog-worthy pictures of everything I want to talk about.
Now it’s time for me to announce my nominees and reveal the questions. My nominees are: Sara and Nacho from I Do What I Want To; Maria from The Wanderer’s Chronicles; Cristina from Postcards to Madrid; Angela from Pinay Skattebasse; Jasmin from Little Things with Jassy; Katja from Katnapped and Linda from Feel the Season.
As a nominee, you are supposed to write a post about the Liebster (not Lobster) award. The post should include information about who nominated you (yours truly) and what the award is about, in order to keep people informed. Then answer the questions, nominate 5-10 fellow bloggers (recommended that they have below 1000 followers) and write some interesting questions for them to answer. Last but not least, inform them on social media about their nomination!
The questions you have to answer are: 1. Why did you start blogging? 2. Has your blogging style changed since you started? 3. Is it as exciting as you thought it would be? 4. How do you see your blog in 5 years? 5. How do you find inspiration for posts? 6. What is it that you struggle the most with blogging? 7. What is your main social media platform? 8. A tip for starting bloggers? 9. What is the best memory you have from your blogging experience? 10. If you were to step out of your comfort zone within your blog, what would that imply for you?
Congratulations dear nominees and happy blogging!